Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 9 (3/11-3/22)


Week 9

This week we learned a lot about communication and how to make good use of the
Council Method

I had the following experience with this council method:

I learned a lot form my experience in utilizing the Council Method to make important decisions with someone else. I put this Counsel Method to use with my boyfriend as we discussed and important subject in order to reach a mutual understanding and agreement. It proved very helpful to both of us as we both understood the purpose for our communication. I think that it really helped going to a safe place where the spirit could be felt and inviting the spirit through a prayer. Doing this reminded me of my mission. I think that it turned out very well and I plan on doing it again many times in the future as other agreements need to be made. As far as future improvements, I would probably give ourselves more time to talk so that we don't feel as rushed. This was a wonderful learning opportunity for me.

The steps of the Council Method are:
  1. Meet at predetermined time and place with minimal interruptions.
  2. Open with a prayer.
  3. Express love and appreciation for one another.
  4. Use a plan or agenda- available before meeting
  5. Discuss with one another while reaching consensus regarding what the Lord would have done.
  6. Close with a prayer.
  7. Enjoy refreshments together.

No comments:

Post a Comment